- Guerrilla Marketing is specifically geared for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- It should be based on the human psyche instead of experience, judgment and guesswork (as is the case with traditional marketing)
- Instead of money, the primary investments are time, energy and imagination.
- The primary statistic to measure your business is the amount of attention a company gets which in turn leads to profit NOT just sales.
- The marketing should also concentrate on how many new relationships are made each month. Marketing IS a science. It's not all press releases and parties.
- Create a standard of excellence with an acute focus instead of trying to diversity by offering too many products and services. Know what you are marketing. Focus on that one thing!
- Instead of concentrating on getting new customers, aim for more referrals, more transactions with existing customers and larger transactions.
- Forget about the competition and concentrate more on cooperating and/or partnering with other businesses.
- Guerrilla Marketers should always use a combination of marketing methods for a campaign.
- Use current technology -- all kinds of media (traditonal to the cutting edge new platforms) as a tools to empower your business.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
By definition, Guerrilla Marketing is unconventional and many times radical marketing tactics intended to get maximum results from minimal resources (READ: LITTLE TO NO BUDGET). Because it can be executed on a shoestring budget, guerrilla marketing and viral marketing concepts are becoming more and more popular. The term itself was coined in 1984 by Jay Conrad Levinson.
So students of the Guerrilla Marketing school, follow these guidelines:
The final piece that needs mentioning is that Guerrilla Marketing is often coined as using "unorthodox methods" to drive awareness. BUT, unorthodox does not, in this context, mean unethical. Abide by rules of common sense, solid ethics and integrity. Be an approachable member of your community and your reputation WILL spread. More people will pay attention to what you have to say; They will become more likely to visit your website and they will be more inclined to purchase your product or service.
The Goddess of Marketing
Don't be the Best Kept Secret!
Red Carpet Marketing, LLC
25 Years of Fortune 100 Experience Working for YOU!